Friday, March 30, 2012

Birthday Weekend - Three C's

This year the hubby and I spent my birthday in Charleston!

Let me go back and explain.... EVERY year we spend my birthday somewhere with the letter "C." Why, I don't know, it just seems to be something we have picked up on since we started dating. One of my first birthdays we were together we went down to Charleston and stayed at the Palmer Home.

The Palmer Home
The Palmer Home was built in 1848 by John Ravenel and from the top right bedroom (where we stayed) you can stand on the balcony and face Fort Sumter. This house is somewhat part of the famous "Charleston Row" and is beautiful inside and out. I have even seen the owners of this B&B dye their two poodles pink during the summer months. Probably a horrific event for the dogs but they do match the house!

Last year the Hubster and I went to Charlotte! We stayed at the beautiful and historic Dunhill hotel which is located smack dab in the middle of downtown Charlotte. Not only is the staff at the Dunhill absolutely superior but the restaurant in the hotel is DELICIOUS! Most hotels cannot say that.

The Dunhill Hotel


While in Charlotte we went to one of the March Madness basketball games (please don't ask me who was playing; I have no clue!) If South Carolina or Duke isn't playing, I don't care! We also did a little Birthday shopping at the Southpark Mall and I was able to obtain a few goodies:

Tory Burch Sneakers
TB Jelly Reva









I love to tell everyone else because I did not know this and I am a BIG time person who tries to save when I can... Tory Burch stores give you $50 off of your purchase when it is your birthday month! HELLO, I wish I could make it my birthday month EVERY month! Oh the things I would buy and be totally broke afterwards!

After our full days worth of shopping that I'm sure my husband absolutely enjoyed, we went to one of my favorite chain restaurants - Maggiano's! I enjoyed their tomato vodka gnocchi and I am almost positive he has the Salmon Oscar... YUMMY!! I love Maggiano's and the one in Charlotte is the closest one we have to our house.


SO, this year we went back to Charleston, my favorite place on earth. If you haven't been you need to and if you have, you understand why its my favorite. Charleston is full of southern charm, gorgeous homes, delicious food, and of course, shopping! Not to mention I have two brother that live there and one of them plays for College of Charleston (Go Marty!!)

<--- Big Sister PROUD of Little Brother Picture. He is on the far left; number 7! This poster was hanging downtown on King Street and I just so happen to notice it while I was down there shopping/grabbing lunch.




For my birthday weekend my whole family went down there to watch my brother play baseball and have a vacation away from the working world. Now when I say whole family, I don't mean mom and dad... My grandma, mom/dad, sister, Aunt/Uncle, Cousin and her husband, and Andy and I were all down there to cheer on the Cougars! Our family travels BIG :)

Other than going to baseball games, we also enjoyed a couple of new food places we had never been to before and caught up with a couple of friends that live down there. Also I was able to pick up my Steeplechase dress from Palm Avenue:


The Brown's at Steeplchase



Overall, I have Fabulous Birthdays! What all do you do for your Birthday? Go anywhere exciting?

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love your Cup dress! That is one of my new favorite patterns! Also, I love you shout out to CofC, I'm a grad of there as well!

Kate said...

I am dying to go to Charleston! I've heard it's super cute and charming town. Sounds like a fun birthday weekend!