I've decided that every Sunday I am going to try to show you my shopping deals from the previous week. I started this little coupon shopping frenzy when my husband and I first got engaged. We decided we needed to save some SERIOUS money for our wedding and I thought clipping coupons from the Sunday paper to buy items we use all the time would be the easiest way! I mean hello, those crazy extreme coupon people can do it, why shouldn't I try too!
First and foremost, I do not act like those women in the store with 13890578901257890 coupons. I ONLY buy what I NEED and in descent amounts of it. I do not go buy 56 bottles of mustard just because they are free, or 73 boxes of cat food for a cat I do not own. Plus, once I have 4 or 5 of the same thing (for instance the shampoo in the picture) I do not buy it again until I am out. I don't keep buying shampoo every week and end up with 100 bottles of it in my closet :) This is true for everything I buy except cereal. My husband goes through cereal like nobody's business so whenever there is a great deal on it, I might buy 5-10 boxes. He seriously goes through at least 1-2 boxes a week, so you can see how fast I'm usually back at the grocery store buying it again if I don't have some stocked up.
So without further ado, here is what I bought last week for $ .71! Yes, you did read that write, $ .71!!
Triscuits (2)- Had two free box coupons from MyCokeRewards.com
Iams Dog Food (8)- Target has it on sale for $3.00 & I had 8/$3.00 off coupons from P&G Newspaper insert.
Betty Cocker Mashed Potatoes (2)- Publix had them 10 for $10.00 (you never have to buy all ten; Same goes for at Kroger) & I had 2/.40 coupons which Publix doubles any coupons up to $.50 from http://
Paper Towels (2)- Target & I had 2/1.00 coupons which made them free
Dove Shampoo & conditioner (5) – CVS had them for 2 for $7.00; I had 5/$1.00 coupons from the RedPlum newspaper insert & if you bought $15.00 of dove products (BEFORE coupons are added) then you got a $5.00 ECB.
Fiber One Cereal (1) – Publix had them 2 for $5.00 (so $2.50); I had a $.85 coupon Manufactures Coupon & a Publix’s $2.00 coupon so I GOT BACK $.35!!!
ThermaCare heatwraps (3)– CVS had them for $5.99; I had 3 ThermaCare heatwrap coupons from http://www.thermacare.com/
Target Mac and Cheese (2) - $.63 & I had 2 $1.00 Target coupons (not available anymore ONLINE) which means I GOT BACK $.37!!!
Swanson and Publix Chicken Broth (2) – Publix was running a special where if you buy the name brand brother (Swanson) then you get the Publix Chicken Broth for free to compare which one is better! Also in the store they have coupons on a display & one just so happens to be a $1.00 Swanson broth! So $1.59 for two broths!
Candberry Egg – CVS had them for $.87 & you received a $.87 ECB when you purchase 1. Limit per CVS card=1
IF YOU ADD ALL OF THIS TOGETHER, I ONLY SPENT $.71 TOTAL! Coupons come from online and local newspapers. ECB = Extra Care Bucks from CVS (its money you get back in the form of a coupon to use on ANYTHING during your next visit to the store.)

2 comments:
I love couponing =] And I know what ya mean! I hate when people just get a ton of stuff they dont really need with their coupons!
I really wish we had couponing in the UK. We have some coupons but they are rubbish compared to what you get in the US! x
Post a Comment