Around 12:30am this past Sunday I went to the Target website to quickly find out they had not yet released the Jason Wu Collection online; Boo! For several weeks now I have been looking forward to the this day. SO Sunday morning when I woke up a friend of mine who also happens to be a blogger told me that our Target had not received any of the JWC and I decided then and there to venture across the river to a much larger Target than the one I have in my own town.When I got there they were out of several things but I was able to pick up one of each of the following:
I guess since I don't live in a heavy populated area, our Target didn't sell out as fast as some other Targets around the U.S. Some of the items I couldn't decide if I wanted or not so I bought them and brought them home for my husband to look at and see if he liked. He really liked the Poplin Dress and Sheer Panel Flower top but he wasn't too crazy about the Striped Pleated Dress or the Pink Sheer Long Sleeve Top. He was negative about the pleated skirt but once I tried it one her changed his mind (same thing I did in the dressing room!)
After taking in his opinion I think I am going to take back some of the clothes. Honestly, I wish there would have been a little bit better designs than the ones he came out with. I was kind of let down but still found several things I liked. Maybe I just got too overly excited about this collection premier?!?! However there are two items I bought that will never make it back to the store:
I am in LOVE with this straw clutch! When I first walked into the store I headed straight for the handbags and couldn't find any of the Jason Wu ones. I gave up quickly and headed for the clothes. After pretty much filling my cart up with different sizes of every item I liked, an older women that knew I was looking for the purses said she found them in another location. We both slowly headed in the direction of the purses but really I wanted to run/beat her to them because I was afraid there would be only one purse left in the style I wanted and she would want it also and of course I would have to let her have it because she showed me where they were in the first place. AND of COURSE there was only ONE Flap Satchel left when we got there but luckily she was more interested in the totes so I quickly picked up the satchel and walked off... HA! I got what I wanted and she got what she wanted.... except I was also looking for the straw clutch which there was none. So I went and tried on all of my clothes (and of course I took the purse with me because I wasn't about to have someone steal it out of my cart while I was trying on clothes!) After I tried on about 2893747010284823492+ things, I got what I wanted and started heading back towards to front where the checkout/purses where. Lo and behold when I turned the corner there it was, MY CLUTCH! Someone had put it back and I was about to be its new proud owner. I promise if someone would have been standing in front of me I'm sure I would have ran them over because I hauled butt to grab that clutch! When I got home my husband also said his favorite thing was the clutch, YaY me :)
All and all this girl had a HAPPY day at Target and got everything she wanted from the Jason Wu Collection. Were you that lucky? Did you even go shopping for any of the clothing line? What were your thoughts on the line? Were you impressed/disappointed?
2 comments:
My store has a lot but not the poplin dress (the only piece I am really swooning over) or the purses. Probably God telling me not to shop- ha. How does that last poplin dress look in person? Is it as adorable as I think it is?
KK
Hmm, "across the river to the bigger and better Target." My guess is you live in West Ashley or Summerville and you ventured to Mount P :) Not like those are the only rivers in SC but ya know, it's what I'm familiar with, haha.
Post a Comment