Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Photo Wedding Wednesday .... Honeymoon to HAWAI'I





The Royal Hawaiian, also known as the Pink Palace of the Pacific, was where we stayed for the first part of our trip. It is located in Waikiki and is one of, if not the, oldest Hotels on Oah'u. Fun fact: The Royal Hawaiian opened in 1927 but during WWII the Royal was closed to tourists and instead served as a place of rest and relaxation for U.S. submariners.

Malasadas from the FAMOUS Leonard's Bakery! They are like big doughnut balls with tons of sugar on them. You can also order them with cinnamon. Can't you tell I'm enjoying mine? They were so yummy!

Andy standing in front of the USS Arizona Memorial. The USS Arizona was a battleship that was attacked during the attack on Pearl Harbor. 1, 177 men lost their lives. We knew we could not go to Hawai'i without visiting Pearl Harbor and this memorial. USS Arizona Info

View from the top of Diamond Head Crater. A 1 1/2 mile walk up to see this amazing view! You can see our pink hotel way down there! To read more about Diamond Head Crater go: Here

Hawai'i rainbow anyone?

This was taken the day Andy and I decided to drive around the island. BIG mountain in the back were Jurassic Park was filmed. You can't see it but were staring out into the ocean where China Mans Hat is located.

Another great view of the island!

So I am a bad wife for this but Andy kept putting money in this machine to try and win an icecream cone. Andy is definitely a chile at heart by the way :) After he put three quarters in there, I told him to stop because he was wasting money. Who would have thought, next quarter he WON! He was sooooo excited and ate his FREE Ice Cream with pride :)

Beautiful flower on the next island we went to : Kaua'i

BEST Victoria Secret I have EVER been in!!! Huge screen tv, two stories, black glitter tile flooring, everything was IN STOCK, and they had way more stuff they any other VS I've seen. Yes I know this would not be on your normal scenic tour but if you go to Oah'u, you HAVE to go to VS ladies :)

Hotel room pic (not my best) from the Resort in Kaua'i.... It was absolutely gorgeous! Andy did such a great job planning our ENTIRE honeymoon!!

Last but not least, the chickens. They are EVERYWHERE! Tons of them. On Oah'u, on Kaua'i, and I'm sure their on every other island. They are not afraid of you either. While laying out by the pool they will walk underneath your chair! At least South Carolina was playing that weekend and we kept saying these pretty but semi-annoying chicks were just coming to tailgate with us!

1 comment:

Kelli Herrington said...

O wow girl this looks like an amazing place to visit and I think I will have to check it out for our 15 year Anniversary!
This pictures are breath taking and I am so loving the VS, yes can we get an upgrade like that?
Yeah for Andy and his Ice Cream, HaHa that sounds like something I would do.
Glad y'all had an Amazing time and congrats again!