![]() | |||
| Lynli and I cheering for the Netherlands in the FIFA World Cup Final Game |
My little sister reminded me today that exactly one year ago we were landing in the crazy city of Amsterdam! We were there, along with my mother, for ten ADVENTUROUS days cheering on my brother who was playing on the USA college team and trying to get ourselves in to as much fun as possible! It just so happened that the Netherlands made it to the FIFA World Cup championship game so we got to partake in a tailgating/ team celebrating as well. I have never seen so much orange in my life, nor have I ever worn so much orange (I'm a Gamecock fan of course, it's illegal to wear orange!) On their final game day there was probably 200,000+ people in the town central and right before the game started, another 200,000+ daisy's fell from the sky:
![]() |
| Amazing day when Daisy's are falling from the sky! |
In an odd way the daisy's reminded me of that book "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" haha. The sky looked absolutely beautiful with all those flowers falling from it.
![]() |
| Marty on first base... I'm sure he scored on this at bat appearance :) |
My brother played outfield for Team USA. He pitches in college and plays outfield but his college coach did not want him to hurt his arm while playing for the USA team so he only played outfield. Let me tell you, those people over in Amsterdam take "pulling for your team" to a whole new level. I have never seen so much enthusiasm in the fans at a baseball game in my life as I did there. Not only do they cheer for their team but they also cheer for the opposing team when they make a good play! Most fans in America would not be got caught dead cheering for the opposing team. There was one man that kept cheering for my brother until he had the whole side of his section cheering for Marty! This one little boy even had a chant for Marty... I can hear him now- MAR-TEY, hit the ball, hit the ball, run the base, run the base, score the run, score the run, win the game, win the game!!! That little boy was SO cute!
Overall I believe Marty's team came in Fourth place and I was happy for that! After all if it wasn't for him and his great baseball skills, I'm sure I would have never even thought of steeping foot in Amsterdam! I am definitely glad he got chosen though because I would not have been able to make the amazing memories I did with my family. Maybe one day in the future we will all get to travel to another foreign country again!
.... Hopefully soon because I sure do need a vacation :)
![]() | ||||
| A Barbie Fashion Show we got to see while inside the mall in Amsterdam |
![]() |
| Another outfit |
The Barbie fashion show outfits were actually for sale; would you wear them?
![]() | |
| Amsterdam's Train Station |
If we had train stations where I lived, I wish they all looked like this! This station looks like an old castle or cathedral.
![]() |
| Unique Lantern |
This neat Lantern was right outside the Anne Frank House. I'm really glad we were able to visit the house because her story has been heard all around the world and it such an awful tragedy .
A YUMMY cupcake dress inside one the department stores my mother, sister and I visited! Having a cupcake dress inside your store definitely gets people to come in and browse around... and potentially steal a bite of an edible dress :) Don't those pink ones look yummy!!!
![]() |
| Town squares birds! |
YES I was actually singing ""Feed the birds, tuppence a bag, tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag." Does anyone know what movie that is from? Any girl with a love for Julie Andrews should know this one!










No comments:
Post a Comment