Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm Leaving..... On A Jet Plane!!!!

I have been a little M.I.A; As usual! I really need to work on this blogging thing but this time, I sort-of have a reason.... My job has shipped me to Japan until Thanksgiving! This means I will miss my FAVORITE Holiday of the year, Halloween, and the FIRST anniversary of the most important day of my life, my Wedding!! What girl doesn't get to spend her first wedding aniversary with her handsome husband eating frozen, probably not so tasty anymore, wedding cake?!?! I am soooooo upset about this but I try to keep in mind that this trip will help me later on in my career.

I have been in Hiroshima, Japan for a little over a week now and I #1- Miss my Husband, Dog, and Family #2- Miss fried chicken, Mac 'n Cheese, and Sweet tea.... What southern girl would NOT miss these things!!!! #3- Miss driving! #4- NEED to TALK!!!

Little explanation:  (pretty sure I don't need to explain #1 because what person wouldn't miss their family and sufficient other!) #2- I am allergic to shellfish and do NOT eat ANYTHING that comes out of water. YES, this is a little odd coming from someone who grew up in the south fishing regularly on the weekends with her papa and living 2 hours away from the shoreline that was visited at LEAST 4-6 times a year. I'm strange, I know :) #3- I miss driving because I like my own car and being able to go where ever I want to, whenever I want to and not have to ride a train to get there. #4 - This is bad, but everyone who knows me, knows I talk A LOT and to be quite honest, I do not know Japanese.... I cannot read it, I cannot write it, and other than "Hello", "Yes/No", "Okay", and "Good Morning/Afternoon/Night" I cannot speak it! I have been doing a lot of hand signals/sign language the past 8 days! Not being able to walk up to someone and start a conversation is killing me. I do have two American co-workers with me but they are men and we all know that men for the most part do not like to talk as much as women do. I am sure they are tired of hearing me talk.... but I NEED to gossip :)

Anyways, I spotted these absolutely adorable Halloween dessert treats last night while walking around Hiroshima for an hour last night trying to find something non-sushi/seafood, that I haven't already ate at before......

How cute?!? Thanksgiving Turkey anyone?

Definitely buying one of these before Halloween!

L-O-V-E!

 Who wouldn't want to eat the whole case full?! I MUST have one of these before Halloween!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I hope you get to see some sites while there. And those treats are cute